Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Boyfriend Blazer Remix for Spring


If you know me, you probably know I am a HUGE fan of the boyfriend blazer. It's such an easy way to add a little pop, or even warmth for a night out, to your outfit. Even though black is a year round staple (especially in LA), with spring finally here, and summer knocking on the door, it's time to lighten up a bit. So... the boyfriend blazer is getting a makeover - in cool, creamy, neutral tones.

Throwing a neutral blazer on over a sundress, a pair of skinny jeans and a white tee, or even with a mini skirt or shorts, is a simple way to add instant feminine flair... and the perfect dose of chic. 

Several celebrity fashionistas have already been sporting this toned down look, without the toned down sex appeal. I can't think of a better staple to add to your closet this season.



I featured a beautiful blazer from See by Chloe in my Neutral Remix (above) to show the versatility of this look, but there are a ton of more affordable versions to rock that are just as fabulous. This light linen coat from Charles Gray at Nordstrom below is just as posh, just a little more practical on the pennies.

Photo Credit: Nordstrom

I absolutely love this classy look, and I can't wait to trade my black blazer in for something a little more fresh this season!

xox,

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through IFB and am blogging from Denver too. Love the mini-dress and sheer tunic you're showing.

    http://bucklebuttonzip.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete