Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crochet Crave

I love a challenging DIY project every now and then. Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment... knowing that you made something pretty with your own two (manicured) hands. I learned to sew when I was younger but didn't pick it up again until a few years ago. I'm FAR from great, but it's still rewarding - not to mention a ton of fun to play around with my creative side. I recently picked up a few crocheted pieces to add to my wardrobe, one of my latest style obsessions, and briefly considered giving crocheting a whirl. Well, then I remembered my Mom trying to teach me to knit a few years ago... I wasn't the same patient student I once was and couldn't quite get the hang of it. Something tells me crocheting is a just a tad bit harder than knitting, so on second thought, I think I'll leave it to the professionals.

My FAVORITE Handmade Crochet Earrings from Buffalo Exchange. LOVE.
Vintage Crochet Drape Top
Crochet Cream Tights (because I'm not white enough as it is).

I totally wish I would have taken Grandma Rose up on her offer to teach me to crochet. My wallet might thank me.


XOX,

No comments:

Post a Comment