Friday, March 19, 2010

Grey: The New Black


Now that spring is FINALLY peeking it's little head out from under the clouds and dead leaves of winter, I can finally say goodbye to the gloomy black clothes that have taken up the majority of my closet for months now.

Grey is quite possibly the best transition color for spring, and it's definitely the prettiest shade to flaunt... in the shade... or not.

I am amidst tons of fresh new items that are screaming spring in this wonderful hue. I'm just loving this little grey frock by Knitted Dove. It can be worn with a ballet flat or sandal, or dressed up with a wedge or platform for a night out.


I think it's about time to hang up my big black satchel, and replace it with a heather grey bag like this one from Sabina New York. It's still versatile enough to work with almost every piece in my wardrobe, yet it's not so dark and dreary.


Even my fingernails have made the HAPPY transition from black to grey. I love this shade, Over the Taupe, by OPI. My jewelry though, well... not quite yet.

Boots have always been my go to shoe for winter, but I also love to sport them with sundresses, skirts and rompers in spring. These comfortable suede slip ons by Urban Outfitters brand BDG (a gift from a dear friend) are a perfect transition from my black motorcycle boots.


As I sit here and type this I can barely believe the snow has started to fall again!!!! It's okay though... I have faith that the sun will come out tomorrow, but GREY days will be here to stay.

All photos taken on my iPhone

XOX,

No comments:

Post a Comment