Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sometimes I Make Things!


My best friend got married last weekend, and rather than sticking to tradition and going off some boring ol' registry, I decided to make her a special wedding gift instead. I had some beautiful Amy Butler fabric I had been DYING to use, and it all happened to be in my BFF's favorite shade... PINK.

I flipped through one of my favorite sewing books, In Stitches by Amy Butler, and found an adorable retro apron pattern that was just SEW stylish, and just so Liz.

Here is Amy's creation in the book:


And here is MY finished apron:


I just love the towel holder, which totally comes in handy when you're making messy meals. Red velvet cupcakes anyone??


If I were making this apron for myself (or for someone with a bold personality), I might switch it up and use the louder border material for the center... But my BFF is a little more on the conservative side.

Bows can never be too big, and the nice thing about this one is that it's long enough to wrap around and tie in the front. Sew cute!


The pocket was my favorite part, because this is where I made things really personal...


I printed 9 of my favorite recipes on cute coordinating note cards with adorable scalloped edges like these...


All in all, I absolutely loved the outcome, and I can't wait to make more for other dear friends.


Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Sklar...


May you live happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment