Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Interview with a Designer

A few weeks ago I sat down and interviewed an AMAZING designer, CarolAnn Wachter, for my column. I met CarolAnn at a cool little rug and home decor store in Boulder, è bella, where a lot of her pieces are sold.

I instantly fell in love with her vintage inspired collection of hats, dresses, coats and separates. Even the way her clothing is displayed in the store, like a work of art, shows CarolAnn's distinct creative personality.

CarolAnn was drawn to this large branch on a walk and just had to bring it home. It sat in her walkway for nearly a year before she "needed" it. This inspires me to add some extra closet space to my bedroom too!
I want this little white dress to bring out my innocence... It drapes perfectly and screams feminine...
Her hats make me want to head straight to Nantucket or the Hamptons... circa 1940.
I could live here.

I love meeting passionate people with inspiring stories. CarolAnn inspired me to keep following my dream, and she proves that nothing is unattainable if you've got HEART. Now, if only I could figure out what my "dream" is... so I can chase it... all the way to the bank!

Check out the complete article : HERE

XOX

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! As a self proclaimed clothes hoarder, I have been really wanting a rolling rack. But the ones I've seen are a little pricey. I'll be on the lookout for a large durable branch now. Thanks doll! xo- karrie
    www.hellopretty.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. that store is my dream. the racks, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog


    checkout my shoppingblog

    http://ruleoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete