Monday, February 22, 2010

Call me Old Fashioned.

I'm an old soul... Pro-Retro per se. I have an undying love for all things vintage, or vintage inspired, and I truly believe that like a fine wine, fashion can get better with age. Just think of all the amazing pieces you drool over in old photos of your Mother, Aunts, or Grandmothers. Think about how many times you may have asked them, "Oh my gosh, do you still have that"? Or just think about how many times you wished you still had "that one outfit" from "that one time".

No tears to be shed over the "lost ones" today my friends... The fashion world is delivering vintage, and boy, am I feeling inspired!

The It Factor of Fashion, Karl Lagerfield, sent his ladies strutting down the runway at NYFW in none other than amazing wooden clogs. That's right, you heard it here, Chanel CLOGS. I think my Mom bought me a pair of clogs from Payless that I rocked back in the early 90's, but that's not really the same era Karl's clogs are reminding me of. Nope, when I see these shoes I see bell-bottoms, peace signs, stoners and rainbows... I see amazing style and funk. I see FRESH.

(striped legs not included)


What to pair these funkdafied platforms with you might ask? Well, that's easy... lace, sheer, distressed denim and flowers- oh my!

True to their name, Beyond Vintage has several retro and feminine blouses to choose from that I'm totaly in love with...







Rock any of the lovely frocks with some laid-back distressed denim, and you'll be feeling groovy. Joe's Jeans and 7 For All Mankind know what it takes to combine sexy and comfort. Two of their best selling premium denim jeans have a vintage vibe I'm totally crushing on.


7 For All Mankind's Jared Boyfriend Jeans

Joe's Jeans Raw Wide Cuff Kicker Cropped Jeans

Don't forget your beloved jewels!!! House of Harlow 1960, by the famous fashionista Nicole Richie, is dishing up some pretty vintage pieces to make your heart go thud. I la la love the Keystation Necklace and the Peacock Bangle.




"Hello lamp-post,
What cha knowin'?
I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy".

No comments:

Post a Comment