Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding





My best friend is getting married next month and since I'm the Maid of Honor, my dress for her big day was already picked out by the lovely bride. But with several weddings to attend this Spring, I have been thinking a lot about wedding fashion. There has always been controversy over whether wearing white to weddings is a Do or a Don't. I think it's a definite DO, provided it's done right. Skip the veil, the train, the pearls and a bouquet, and you probably won't steal the Bride's thunder.

I'd opt for a short dress, much like this adorable little tiered frock above, but be sure to keep your stems sexy with a bronzer stick (less messy and less obvious than most self tanners).

Go easy on the makeup; think FRESH for spring. My favorite go-to beauty weapon in my toolbox is The Multiple in South Beach by NARS, which works wonders with all skin complexions. Use it as eye shadow, blush, and lipstick (just add a clear lipgloss for finish). Go heavy on the lashes. My all time favorite mascara is Definicils by Lancome. It adds super duper length and depth, without the clumpy tarantula-like finish.

Keep the nail lacquer light. I'm loving Chanel's Particuliere, a beautiful gray toned polish that debuted in their Spring 2010 Runway Show.

Strut your stuff in a bold heel. There is no need to match your dress with your shoes... leave that for the bridesmaids. Patent still prevails, and gray is looking great for Spring.

Top off your look with a stand out clutch, something funky, and accessorize with over-sized chunky jewelry to keep things fun, not formal.

Last but not least, spritz yourself with a nice light scent, and don't forget to drown yourself in champagne at the open bar.

Kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment