Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sweet Escape

Snow is a lot like sex... You never know how many inches you're going to get, or just how long it will last. What I do know is that I'm wishing for warmer weather today. The snow continues to fall and I continue to daydream. I would kill to be sitting on a beach, scratch that, on a tropical island... sipping boat drinks and letting my worries wash away.

All of this daydreaming has me looking at my Uggs and sweats in major disgust. I'm visioning smiles, sunshine, warmth and bliss... I'm visioning fedoras, sunnys, bikinis and sandals.

I'm still in love with the straw fedora Gucci released last Spring. There are a ton of similar (and cheaper) versions out there to swoon for, but why... when you can have straight perfection???



I'm still a big fan of the old school aviator shades. I am convinced they work wonders with almost every outfit and era; however... it just wouldn't be a tropical island without BIG BOLD SUNNYS. They are practically a "Do Not Disturb" sign for your face... the vacation essential... letting the world know you are officially out of commission. These round frame sunnys by Balenciaga are drool worthy... a 100% tropical getaway must have.
Get your tan on in an adorable bikini. DVF knows that the bandeau bikini top is the most flattering of all, and it's definitely keeping with the throwback trend. With tons of patterns to choose from, her Lorena Bikini is a surefire hit this summer.



Now it's time to free your tootsies and slip on a sexy sandal! These Hampton platforms by YSL are crazy beautiful... Their creamy shade will blend right in with the sand.

The only other requirements: a fantastic pedicure, and a drink in your hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment